Welcome to the RPL TEEN HUB! This space is for Richmond, BC teens. Find great books, information about library programs, volunteer opportunities, current events and more!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Looking for Alaska by John Green

"Compelling... Brilliant [and] insightful" - Chicago Tribune

Meet Miles "Pudge" Halter- his whole existence has been one big nonevent.  He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe.  Because down the hall is Alaska Young.  The gorgeous, witty, funny, sexy, screwed-up and totally fascinating Alaska Young.  

This is Before

After- Nothing is ever the same.

While reading Looking for Alaska I simply COULD NOT put the book down.  Every chapter leaves you on a cliffhanger, leaving you wanting more.  I could feel every emotion that each character was feeling; sadness, joy, anger, regret; John Green's writing helps convey the characters feelings.  While I was reading, I felt as if I was in the moment with the characters.  I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment